Small class sizes
One on one training
Advanced trendy techniques
Redwood Beauty College Student Complaint Resolution Procedure
For Complaints to be addressed by the College’s Registrar and Resolution Committee, hereinafter defined, in compliance with the Act and Section 36 of O. Reg. 415/06, the following procedure is to be used:
1. Statements of complaint must be made in writing.
2. All complaints are confidential.
3. The procedure outlined below must be followed.
4. A staff presented with a verbal complaint will ask the Student to follow the procedure and remind the Student of the written complaint requirement.
5. The Registrar shall be made available by the College to the students to deal with student complaints in a timely manner. The Registrar may be contacted using the following information:
Name of PCC: Redwood Beauty College
Address of PCC: 3601 Hwy 7 Suite 801, Markham, ON L3R 0M3
Telephone Number: +19054792050
Email Address: email@example.com
6. Complaints will be reviewed by a Resolution Committee, as established by the College (the “Resolution Committee”), but only after the Student has complained to the Registrar.
7. The Resolution Committee will also ask for a copy of any written response(s) from those already contacted by the Student in accordance with the procedure.
8. Arrangements for meetings and written responses from the person being complained about will be made in a timely and professional fashion. No complaint will go unanswered.
9. Records of complaints will be maintained at the location where they originated for a period of at least three years.
STEP 1: The Student will request a meeting with the instructor responsible for the course to discuss the complaint verbally.
If not resolved at this level, the Student will proceed to Step 2.
STEP 2: The student will submit a completed written complaint to the Registrar.
The Registrar will arrange a meeting with the Student and Director within 7 days of receipt of the written complaint.
The Student will have an opportunity to make an oral presentation of the complaint at this meeting and to have another person present or another person make the oral presentation on his/her behalf. Minutes of the meeting will be recorded.
The Registrar will provide a written response to the Student, outlining the discussion and any proposed and/or agreed upon solution(s) within 14 days of the meeting. This response will include a decision statement, together with the reasons for which the decision is based and minutes of meetings held.
If not resolved at this level, the Student will proceed to Step 3.
STEP 3: The Student will submit a completed written complaint to the Resolution Committee. The Resolution Committee will arrange a meeting with the Student within 14 days of receipt of the written complaint (a copy of the written complaint which was submitted to the Registrar), the Registrar’s response with recommended solutions, and the Student’s objections or comments regarding these solutions.
The Student will have an opportunity to make an oral presentation of the complaint at this meeting and to have another person present or another person make the oral presentation on his/her behalf. The minutes of the meeting will be recorded.
The Resolution Committee will provide a written response to the Student, outlining the discussion and any proposed and/or agreed upon solution(s) within 14 days of the meeting. This response will include a decision statement, together with the reasons on which the decision is based and minutes of meetings held.
STEP 4: If you are not satisfied with the resolution of your complaint, you may submit your complaint to the Superintendent of Private Career Colleges through PARIS, the ministry’s new automated system. This will assist them in better serving you by being able to track your complaint easily. First, please go to this website: https://www.pcc.tcu.gov.on.ca/PARISExtWeb/public/login.xhtml. You will need to Register as a new PARIS user input your contact information and answer security questions. Once you have completed this process, an email will be sent to you at the email address you submitted with a temporary password. Please log in to PARIS and change the temporary password to a permanent one. Once you have gained access to PARIS, you will be prompted for your contact information. At that time, PARIS will confirm that you have completed the student complaint procedure at the private career college you are attending. If you haven’t, you will need to do so before your concerns can be addressed. Once you have completed the procedure at the campus level, you will be able to submit a complaint to the Superintendent.